Top Navigation Bar

Quote About Dandelions

"You fight dandelions all weekend, and late Monday afternoon there they are, pert as all get out, in full and gorgeous bloom, pretty as can be, thriving as only dandelions can in the face of adversity."

-- Hal Borland

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Plan Your Garden

Last year, I had a garden.
It was beautiful.
I learned that you shouldn't start off with more than you can really handle. I could handle growing all of it just fine, but I had so many vegetables that 3/4 of it went to waste. I don't want that happening again this year! Plus, I will be heading off to school in the fall and won't be able to tend to the extra produce that seems to blossom overnight around October.
This year, I'm only going to grow:
  • Cucumbers (The 4 plants I grew last year produce almost 200 cucumbers!)
  • Tomatoes
  • Carrots
  • Lettuce
  • Spinach
  • Pumpkin on a stick - it's actually an ornamental eggplant! (Check it out here)
  • Any flowers/herbs/misc. veggies my family wants to add in
Another thing I'll be doing is making my compost pile more productive! Composting is a branch of the soils sciences and is a lot of work.
This will be fun!
What are you doing in your garden?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment