Top Navigation Bar

Quote About Dandelions

"You fight dandelions all weekend, and late Monday afternoon there they are, pert as all get out, in full and gorgeous bloom, pretty as can be, thriving as only dandelions can in the face of adversity."

-- Hal Borland

Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy {After} Independence Day!

I had a fantastic Independence Day Weekend, and I hope you did too! 
I joined my family in visiting my grandparents in a little town in the middle of nowhere. It's perfect for doing my favorite Summer activities. 

We found a creek and went exploring. 



My grandmother was NOT happy about this next friend we made, possibly because he threw up a fish, bit my dad, and swam towards her legs. But I'm just guessing here.
(It's a young Northern Water Snake - not venomous, just mean-tempered)


And on the 4th we went exploring with my grandfather - we drove around back-roads for 3 hours, getting lost and getting found again and again until we were too tired to drive anymore.







We also stopped by the family well. My grandfather drank out of this well growing up, and his brother still uses the spring it's fed by - he just piped the water up the hill!



That evening we went to a concert-in-the-park and fireworks put on by the town.
I walked around the adjoining cemetery while waiting for the fireworks to start.

This little angel wanted to rock out as well.


It was a good show.

Our trip ended like it started, with one more day of running around in a (different) creek!



I pulled a drowning box turtle out of the water.


It was a wonderful, peaceful trip. 
Thank God for a Southern Small Town USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment